Welcome to Skillz For The Future.
When you link to any other website from a website, this policy no longer applies to “Skillz For The Future” and has no control over the activities of those websites.
What Data We Get
1.1 Data You Provide to Us -When you create an account and use the services, including a third-party platform, we collect any data you provide directly, including:
The data listed above is stored by us and associated with your account.
1.2 Data We Collect through Automated Means
When you access the services (including browsing content), we collect certain data by automated means, including:
|System Data||Technical data about your computer or device, like your IP address, device type, operating system type and version, unique device identifiers, browser, browser language, domain and other system data, and platform types.|
|Usage Data||Usage statistics about your interactions with the Services, including content accessed, time spent on pages or the Service, pages visited, features used, your search queries, click data, date and time, referrer, and other data regarding your use of the Services.|
|Approximate Geographic Data||An approximate geographic location, including information like country, city, and geographic coordinates, is calculated based on your IP address.|
The data listed above is collected through the usage of server log files and tracking technologies, as detailed in the “Cookies and Data Collection Tools” section below. It is stored by us and associated with your account.
1.3 Registration for a Subscription and Payment Security
“Skillz For The Future” offers multiple courses online. To take one of these courses, you need to register for a subscription. We outsource the processing of credit card transactions to Stripe, and you can pay by Credit Card, Debit Card, PayPal, bank transfer, or other payment methods. We do not access, store, or collect your credit card information.
2. How Do We Get Data About You?
We use tools like cookies, Google Analytics, and similar tracking technologies to gather the data listed above. Some of these tools offer the ability to opt out of data collection.
2.1 Cookies and IP addresses –
Like most Web sites, Skillz For The Future uses “cookies” on its Web site. Cookies are pieces of information that we place on your computer to help us accurately understand how many consumers are visiting a particular site, how often they visit that site, and what content they are most interested in? They allow us to remember things about your visits to Skillz For The Future, like your preferred language, and to make the site easier to use. And also, a cookie will allow us to remember certain things based on your Internet Protocol or “IP” address (an IP address is the string of numbers that identifies each sender or receiver of information that is sent across the Internet), such as the time and duration of your visits, how you navigated through our content, and where you exited a particular site?
2.2 Disabling Cookies
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser’s help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in disabling certain functionality and features of this site.Therefore,it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
2.3 Third Party Cookies
This site uses Google Analytics, which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solutions on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit, so we can continue to produce engaging content.
As we sell products, it’s important for us to understand statistics about how many of the visitors to our site actually make a purchase, and as such, this is the kind of data that these cookies will track. This is important to you as it means that we can accurately make business predictions that allow us to monitor our advertising and product costs to ensure the best possible price.
We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with social media sites, including Facebook. These sites will set cookies through our site, which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
2.2 Why We Use Data Collection Tools
“Skillz For The Future” uses the following types of data collection tools for the purposes described:
Strictly Necessary: These Data Collection Tools enable you to access the site, provide basic functionality (like logging in or accessing content), secure the site, protect against fraudulent logins, and detect and prevent abuse or unauthorized use of your account. These are required for the services to work properly, so if you disable them, parts of the site will break or be unavailable.
Functional: These Data Collection Tools remember data about your browser and your preferences, provide additional site functionality, customize content to be more relevant to you, and remember settings affecting the appearance and behavior of the services (like your preferred language or volume level for video playback).
Performance: These Data Collection Tools help measure and improve the services by providing usage and performance data, such as visit counts, traffic sources, or where an application was downloaded from. These tools can help us test different versions of “Skillz For The Future” to see which features or content users prefer and determine which email messages are opened.
Advertising: These Data Collection Tools are used to deliver relevant ads (on the site and/or other sites) based on things we know about you, like your usage. and System Data (as detailed in Section 1), and things that the ad service providers know about you based on their tracking data. The ads can be based on your recent activity or activity over time and across other sites and services. To help deliver tailored advertising, we may provide these service providers with a hashed, anonymized version of your email address (in a non-human-readable form) and content that you share publicly on the services
Social Media: These Data Collection Tools enable social media functionality, like sharing content with friends and networks. These cookies may track a user or device across other sites and build a profile of user interests for targeted advertising purposes.
3. What We Use Your Data For
We use your data to provide our services, communicate with you, troubleshoot issues, secure against fraud and abuse, improve and update our services, analyze how people use our services, serve personalized advertising, and as required by law or necessary for safety and integrity. We retain your data for as long as it is needed to serve the purposes for which it was collected.
We use the data we collect through your use of the services to:
- 1. Provide and administer the services, Provide and manage services that enable users to participate in educational content, issue completion certificates, display custom content, and communicate with other users.
- 2. Process payments to instructors and other third parties
- 3. Process your requests and orders for educational content, products, specific services, information, or features.
Communicate with you about your account by:
- Responding to your questions and concerns
- Sending you administrative messages and information, including messages from instructors, students, and teaching assistants; notifications about changes to our service; and updates to our agreements.
- sending you information, such as by email or text messages, about your progress in courses and related content, rewards programs, new services, new features, promotions, newsletters, and other available instructor-created content (which you can opt out of at any time).
- Sending push notifications to your wireless device to provide updates and other relevant messages (which you can manage from the “options” or “settings” page of the mobile app)
- Manage your account and account preferences and personalize your experience.
- Facilitate the Services’ technical functioning, including troubleshooting and resolving issues, securing the Services, and preventing fraud and abuse.
- Verify the identity of instructors.
- Solicit feedback from users.
- Market products, services, surveys, and promotions.
- Market Subscription Plans to prospective customers
- Learn more about you by linking your data with additional data through third-party data providers and/or analyzing the data with the help of analytics service providers
- Identify unique users across devices
- Tailor advertisements across devices
- Improve our services and develop new products, services, and features
- Analyze trends and traffic, track purchases, and track usage data
- Advertise the Services on third-party websites and applications
- As required or permitted by law or as we, in our sole discretion, otherwise determined to be necessary to ensure the safety or integrity of our users, employees, third parties, the public, or our services.
4. Who We Share Your Data With
With Your Instructors: We share data that we have about you with instructors or teaching assistants for educational content you access or request information about, so they can improve their content for you and other students. This data may include things like your city, country, browser language, operating system, device settings, the site that brought you to “Skillz For The Future”, and your activities on “Skillz For The Future”. We may also share additional information about you (such as your age or gender) if we collect it.
With Other Students and Instructors: Depending on your settings, your shared content and profile data may be publicly viewable, including to other students and instructors. If you ask a question to an instructor or teaching assistant, your information (including your name) may also be publicly viewable. Note that within “Skillz For The Future”, all chat rooms, message boards, news groups, or other public forums available to participants are publicly visible to other participants, so you shouldn’t post any confidential or proprietary information through those features.
With Service Providers, Contractors, and Agents: We share your data with third-party companies who perform services on our behalf, like payment processing, fraud and abuse prevention, data analysis, marketing and advertising services (including retargeted advertising), email and hosting services, and customer services and support. These service providers may access your personal data and are required to use it solely as we direct, to provide our requested service.
With “Skillz For The Future” Affiliates: We may share your data within our corporate family of companies that are related by common ownership or control to enable or support us in providing the Services.
With Business Partners: We have agreements with other websites and platforms to distribute our Services and drive traffic to “Skillz For The Future”. Depending on your location, we may share your data with these partners.
With Credit-Granting Organizations for Continuing Education: If you take a course to fulfill a continuing professional education requirement, we may share that information upon request of the organization granting the continuing education credit.
With Analytics and Data Enrichment Services: As part of our use of third-party analytics tools like Google Analytics and data enrichment services like ZoomInfo, we share certain contact information, Account Data, System Data, Usage Data (as detailed in Section 1), or de-identified data as needed. De-identified data means data where we’ve removed things like your name and email address and replaced it with a token ID. This allows these providers to provide analytics services or match your data with publicly-available database information (including contact and social information from other sources). We do this to communicate with you in a more effective and customized manner.
To Administer Promotions and Surveys: We may share your data as necessary to administer, market, or sponsor promotions and surveys you choose to participate in, as required by applicable law (like to provide a winners’ list or make required filings), or in accordance with the rules of the promotion or survey.
For Security and Legal Compliance: We may disclose your data to third parties if we (in our sole discretion) have a good faith belief that the disclosure is:
- Permitted or required by law;
- Requested as part of a judicial, governmental, or legal inquiry, order, or proceeding;
- Reasonably necessary as part of a valid subpoena, warrant, or other legally-valid request;
- Required to detect, prevent, or address fraud, abuse, misuse, potential violations of law (or rule or regulation), or security or technical issues; or
- Reasonably necessary in our discretion to protect against imminent harm to the rights, property, or safety of “Skillz For The Future”, our users, employees, members of the public, or our Services.
During a Change in Control: If “Skillz For The Future” undergoes a business transaction like a merger, acquisition, corporate divestiture, or dissolution (including bankruptcy), or a sale of all or some of its assets, we may share, disclose, or transfer all of your data to the successor organization during such transition or in contemplation of a transition (including during due diligence).
After Aggregation/De-identification: We may disclose or use aggregated or de-identified data for any purpose.
We use appropriate security based on the type and sensitivity of data being stored. As with any internet-enabled system, there is always a risk of unauthorized access, so it’s important to protect your password and to contact us if you suspect any unauthorized access to your account.
“Skillz For The Future” takes appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of your personal data that we collect and store. These measures vary based on the type and sensitivity of the data. Unfortunately, no system can be 100% secured, so we cannot guarantee that communications between you and “Skillz For The Future”, the Services, or any information provided to us in connection with the data we collect through the Services will be free from unauthorized access by third parties. Your password is an important part of our security system, and it is your responsibility to protect it. You should not share your password with any third party, and if you believe your password or account has been compromised, you should change it immediately and contact our Support Team with any concerns.
6. Your Rights
You have certain rights around the use of your data, including the ability to opt out of promotional emails, cookies, and collection of your data by certain third parties. You can update or terminate your account from within our services, and you can also contact us for individual rights requests about your personal data. If you have any questions about your data, our use of it, or your rights, contact us at privacy@Skillzforfuture.com.
6.1 Accessing, Updating, and Deleting Your Personal Data
You can access and update your personal data that Skills For Future collects and maintains as follows:
- ● To update data you provide directly, log into your account and update your account at any time.
- ● To terminate your account:
- If you are a student, visit your profile settings page and follow the steps detailed here.
- If you are an instructor, follow the steps detailed here.
- If you have any issues terminating your account, please contact our Support Team.
- ● To request access, correct, or delete your personal data, please use our online form here. You can also submit these requests by emailing privacy@Skillzforthe future.com or writing to us at “Skillz For The Future”, Attn: Privacy/LegalTeam of Skillz For The Future. Please allow up to 30 days for a response. For your protection, we may require that the request be sent through the email address associated with your account, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. Please note that we retain certain data where we have a lawful basis to do so, including for mandatory record-keeping and to complete transactions.
6.2 Our Policy Concerning Children
We recognize the privacy interests of children and encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities and interests. Individuals younger than 16 years of age, but of the required age for consent to use online services where they live, may not set up an account but may have a parent or guardian open an account and help them access appropriate content. Individuals younger than the required age for consent to use online services may not use the services. If we learn that we’ve collected personal data from a child under those ages,we will take reasonable steps to delete it.
Parents who believe that Sillz For Future may have collected personal data from a child under that age can submit a request by email that it be removed to email@example.com.
7. Jurisdiction-Specific Rules
7.1 Users Outside of the HONG KONG SAR
In order to provide the services to you, we must transfer your data to the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region and process it there. If you are using the services from outside the HKSAR , you consent to the transfer, storage, and processing of your data in and to the HKSAR or other countries.
8 Updates & Contact Info
When we make a material change to this policy, we’ll notify users via email, in-product notice, or another mechanism required by law. Changes become effective the day they’re posted. Please contact us via email or postal mail with any questions, concerns, or disputes.